The last thing you want to deal with when you are facing a plumbing emergency is a technician that is rude, untrained, late, or unable to solve the problem. When you call Premium Plumbing and Septic, you’ll never have to worry about this. Our technicians are polite, highly skilled, punctual, and always able to diagnose and fix the issue! We take pride in every aspect of your customer experience! Whether you have a late night water leak or an old water heater that’s forcing you to take cold showers, you can count on us for service.
Save on your next plumbing need with our coupons and specials.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Clogged drains are a common household problem. Unfortunately, you won’t always know that there is a blockage until you’re standing in shower water or watching your toilet overflow. There are a whole host of issues that can cause a clogged drain, many of which are preventable with just a few steps. Here are many of the causes and potential solutions:
- Hair: Strands of hair can get caught on your drain’s hardware and can be difficult to pull out in one smooth motion. A great way to prevent this is by installing hair traps in all bathroom sink and shower drains.
- Grease: As grease flows down your kitchen drain, it will cool and harden, blocking the flow of water. Pour cooking grease in a heat-proof cup to cool and simply throw away.
- Sediment & Minerals: Hard water has minerals and minuscule amounts of sediment. This can build up on the walls of your pipes, slowing water flow. In addition, it can catch other clog-causing materials. Opting for a whole-house water filter will stop this problem in its tracks.
- Tree roots: Trees tend to grow toward moisture which is contained in your pipes. Should you have even a small leak, roots may overtake your pipes blocking the majority of the flow of wastewater from your home. To remedy this, you will need a professional drain cleaning and possibly a pipe repair.
When Should You Consider Replacing Your Water Heater?
Unfortunately, water heaters are not built to last forever. Generally speaking, traditional water heaters last will last 8-12 years if they are well-maintained. Here are the top signs that your water heater may be on its last leg:
- Water Leaks: If your tank is leaking and it is not condensation, it likely beyond repair.
- Rust: If your hot water is rusty or you spot corrosion on/in your tank, get ready for a new one.
- No Hot Water: Older tanks that aren’t producing hot water may be more expensive to repair than replace.
- Constant Repairs: A water heater that is costing you money by requiring constant repairs likely needs to be replaced.
At Premium Plumbing and Septic we will work with you to find the right water heater for your budget and home needs, get it installed quickly, and offer continued maintenance to ensure it’s always working in top shape. We can also go the extra mile and help you upgrade to a tankless water heater, which allows for an endless supply of hot water!
Our Plumbing Services
Whether you are looking for a water heater replacement, drain cleaning services, clogged toilet repair, or plumbing fixture installation, we can help! Our technicians are trained to the highest standards, enabling them to diagnose and repair every problem possible. Not only do we offer quality services, but also we take the time to learn more about you and your home. By offering personalized solutions to your plumbing needs, you get a top-quality plumbing service you can count on.
Visit our reviews page to learn more about our past customer work - or simply call us and get the red carpet treatment from your first phone call.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription